Thursday, August 24, 2017

Anthology News & Related Plans

Earlier this week, I received formal word that my submission to the #PulpRev Sampler Anthology got accepted. Contract terms have already been agreed upon. Look forward to "The Ghost Fist Gambit" seeing publication in e-book format when the editors finish their end, final revisions are done and accepted, and I hear about a release date. Will likely cost much less than a Scalzi e-book.

That's the second anthology this year that I've been accepted for. (Granted, the first one was by invitation, but that still counts and no serious writer will gainsay that.) Once I have some release dates to share (and related information), I will do so here; I will also do my best to have something else ready to go at the same time.

As for what I will have ready, that depends on which anthology comes out first. The plan I have is to have something complimentary available at the same time, so the Sampler Anthology will see me release a Space Opera story and Six Salvations will have an old-school adventure tale go with it. In addition to writing the manuscript, I'll have to sort out how to make the rest of the book presently.

And now, a little more from Stuff In Progress:

"This is the new starfighter, Sir Jeremiah."

Jeremiah look on at the sleek craft. Its fuselage ran long and narrowed to a point. The cockpit sat on the bigger backend, capped with an aerodynamic canopy. Two large cylindrical engines sat on either side of the fuselage, from which two wide wings extended- wings whose ends held powerful cannons.

"Does it have a name, Harry?" Jeremiah said, look over at the old man in charge of the hangar.

"Not yet."

Jeremiah picked up a nearby tablet, took a photograph of it, and then digitally painted the photo in the yellow-gold and purple colors of the Solar Guard. "I dub this the 'Cataphract' class." he said, "Paint it so, and put my arms on the wings and the fuselage as per custom."

Old Man Harry took the tablet from Sir Jeremiah, looked at the mockup, smiled and nodded. "Very good, sir. I'll put the robots to work immediately. She will be ready to fly by the time you take up Combat Air Patrol duty."

Jeremiah chuckled. "If this performs as well as the simulations say it does, we'll sweep the oath-breakers from the skies."

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments are allowed. Pick something, and "Unknown" doesn't count.