Friday, May 20, 2016

It's Happening: New Gentlemen Bastards This Year

I usually don't write posts at my writing blog about specific books, but I'm making an exception for this for a couple of reasons. The first is that Scott is a friend of mine, and I've been supportive of his writing career since he first let it known that he got signed to Gollancz all those years ago. The second is that this book (as with the one previous) almost didn't happen, so I'm pleased to see it finally on its way to the stands.

Yes, in addition to be the man's friend, I'm also a fan of the series, and it's been fun to see Scott's skill develop over these years. Time will see if he becomes a figure like Robert Howard, J.R.R. Tolkien, Fritz Lieber, C.S. Lewis, or others whose work as fantasists formed the field which he now builds upon, but barring any Acts of God or similar folly he may yet come out from the mass of his peers and stand tall as a true literary hero. He can rise to the challenge. He can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments are allowed. Pick something, and "Unknown" doesn't count.