Friday, May 3, 2019

Star Knight Update: Not Just For Backers Much Longer

I've been either in hospital or in a rehabilitation residency since January of this year. This has delayed the release of Reavers of the Void as I've first had to recover from the surgeries require to save my life at the cost of a limb, then to recover to the point where I can begin using a prosthetic to cope with that lost limb, and now I'm closing in on getting that prosthetic in its final form before being discharged and going home.

Yes, for those coming in late, I'm still in rehab. This is not a place conducive to work requiring long periods of quiet, focused attention on a job of any kind, not study or work. Especially in the mornings, I can expect repeated interruptions for medication, checking vital signs, therapy sessions, irregular visits from doctors, and so on. Progress, accordingly, is slow.

But there is progress. Because the prosthetic is away for finalization, I have no therapy until this time next week when I have it back. Two weeks from today I'm discharged; I sleep that night in my own bed for the first time in four months.

Before that happens, Reavers will be available for sale. Yes, putting myself on the spot here, but you folks need something more definite than "Soon(TM)". Paperback will come after I'm home and settled, and then Book Two later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments are allowed. Pick something, and "Unknown" doesn't count.