Thursday, June 18, 2009

About the Chronicles

This is my outlet for the genre fiction that I write. I will follow the concept of the old genre fiction magazines of my grandfather's generation, between 1900 and 1940, and publish my stories in the serialized style of that day. Initially, I will update this 'blog once a week on Thursday or Friday, and each episode in the serial will run about 2000 words; if this doesn't work for you, then I want you to say so and suggest alternatives to me. As this is a genre fiction outlet, but not one specific to any given genre, please expect me to shift gears once I finish one story and begin another. Also, I write without the benefit of an editor; those of you that write in a semi-professional or professional capacity understand the disadvantage that this imposes upon me, and I ask your patience as I get my legs and develop my skills in this discipline.

The format for each serial is that I shall start with an introductory post, giving the story's title and plot summary; this will be used as an anchor for you, the reader, so that when you want to find the story you can go straight to the beginning and start reading from there. Each episode thereafter will be "(Title): Part (X)". If you like what you're reading, then spread the word and link back to here.

The subject of the Chronicles employs a framing device, the "Corinth" of the title, derived from the first username I took when I logged into my first BBS back in my highschool days when 2400 baud modems were state of the art technology. The stories themselves shall range all over in terms of tone, theme, genre and mood; what matters is that I--and, in turn, you--enjoy what I write down and are entertained by it. For that to work over the long term, I will rely upon you to tell me what's working and what isn't- and why. I look forward to a long, fruitful relationship.

--Bradford C. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments are allowed. Pick something, and "Unknown" doesn't count.