Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Business: Building From Zero

I have an appearance on the Superversive Livestream on August 11th. Jim Fear will have me on when he's ready to resume his podcast. That, along with loreposting on the main blog, is all I've been able to do for now to keep the word out. Working with a budget of zero, and no expertise, this is what I have to work with for now so I have to make the most of it. Time is split between working on the book and learning about the business.

At this point, I can't do much more than this. I don't have the means to do what even Brian Niemeier can do, nevermind Jon del Arroz, and until I get to the point where I can the best thing I can do to build the brand is to focus on maintaining a public presence and producing good product to the audience. I need to lean on my most loyal readers to tell others about my stuff because my reach is actually rather limited. I need to resume working on the newsletter, sending something out weekly.

On a related note, I will need to run another crowdfunding campaign this year. I'll be shamelessly copying the successful things Brian did with his, with the goal of financing the production--mainly, hiring Brian to edit--of Books Three onward. I will settle on the goals of the campaign in the next few weeks, but the aim here is to begin building up to the capacity to shamelessly copy Nick Cole's approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments are allowed. Pick something, and "Unknown" doesn't count.