Friday, September 28, 2018

In The Works: The Parts Coming Together

The manuscript for Book One is in the hands of my editor. The cover piece is now going from Black & White to Color. While I'm figuring out Book Two, I'm also figuring out something for Cirsova to consider when their submissions window opens in a few days. This week was also the week of my sister's birthday, so that did disrupt things a bit; I do like my routine.

Assuming that both parts come out as expected, I remain on target to deliver the e-book to backers by December.

The next part will be fulfilling the editing/rewrite process on schedule, so that the target remains firm. Once artwork and manuscript is finished, the file formatting will be next and after that I can double-check before delivering to the backers and I can put the Amazon launch together. Once I get closer to that, I'll be sending out emails to the newsletter subscribers to help make that launch successful. At this time, I'm looking to stagger the ebook and paperback versions to make the most of that 30-60 day window that Amazon's algorithm- a double-dip, if you will.

Once I've finished the start-to-finish process of making a book done, I can get a better feel for how I can improve this process and where to put proceeds to do just that; it's mapping out the upgrade path that Mech Pilots do when creating character builds. Much like learning how to outline, learning how to map your path (and how to deal with forced changes do it) is necessary to controlling your destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments are allowed. Pick something, and "Unknown" doesn't count.